American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) Releases 2013 Statistics
* There were over 11 million surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures performed in the United States in 2013
* From 2012 to 2013, there was a 6.5% increase in the total number of cosmetic surgical procedures, with almost 1.9 million surgical procedures performed this past year.
* The most popular surgical procedure in 2013 was liposuction with 363,912 procedures performed; a 16% increase compared to 2012. Breast augmentation was the second most popular procedure with 313,327 procedures performed, down 5.2% from 2012.
* Buttock augmentation and labiaplasty, which have not previously been considered popular took the top spots for the most significant increases in the number of procedures performed over the course of a one-year period with buttock augmentations in the lead at 58% and labiaplasty coming in second at 44%.
* Top 5 Nonsurgical procedures of 2013:
2. Hyaluronic Acid
3. Hair removal
* Women had more than 10.3 million cosmetic procedures, 90.6% of the total.
* Men had more than 1 million cosmetic procedures, 9.4% of the total.
* Americans spent more than $12 billion on cosmetic procedures.
* People age 35-50 had the most procedures in 2013 over 4.7 million and 42% of the total.
* The most common surgical procedure for people age 35-50 was liposuction.
The data listed above is a portion of the statistics reported by ASAPS. This report gives an overall view of cosmetic procedures in the United States.
Leave A Comment
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.